Monday, March 14, 2016

March 14th - QUE LO QUE!!

HEY! What the heck is up Cherros?  How's your Monday?  Well this week was alright, not too much fun. So trying to think of some funny stories that are not rated R in my mission. Hahaha! I swear the mission you see the grossest most messed up people that ever lived but week by week it grows on you...some times I look back and think did we really just see that? Hahaha? Classic white Mormon boy from Utah! Like yesterday me and my comp were doing some street contacting with this drunk guy and he goes up to my companion.... falls on his feet and worships him and says..."MASTER SAVE ME! Hahaha! My comp looks at me with the funniest face ever and says, "Man, get up I'm not Christ" All the time you see people like that...but its what makes the mission fun and the mood light! 

Also we celebrated a kid in our wards birthday...J,!!! He's 23 and turning in his papers in September. He always goes on splits with us. He's been a member since November and is so awesome. He was catholic...and gives strong testimony when we visit investigadors that are catholic. He's one of those kids I look up to and is fun to be around.
This week we had 3 baptisms...but all FELL THROUGH. No worries though. We're going to go talk with them next week and if it doesn't go good we're gonna have to drop them. Kind of sad. So much times in the mission that people say they don't want us and we're crazy and you young kids are just wasting our time because your message is not real...so many times that I've come up short and people slam the doors in mine and my comps face....I swear sometimes I just wanna give up and say I just don't even want to try anymore because the people don't want anything and they wont listen. but I like a quote that Kobe Bryant says about confidence......
 
Gotham Chopra, the director of “Kobe Bryant’s Muse”, an upcoming documentary on Bryant, told a story about being with Kobe and watching the Nets and the Heat play. Recounts Chopra, “Deron Williams went like 0-for-9. I was like, ‘Can you believe Deron Williams went 0-9?’ Kobe was like, ‘I would go 0-30 before I would go 0-9. 0-9 means you beat yourself, you psyched yourself out of the game, because Deron Williams can get more shots in the game. The only reason is because you’ve just now lost confidence in yourself.’

 
I like that quote a lot. Because I would rather try all day and show the Lord that I tried my best then to say that I quit. To be the best you can be you have to keep shooting. I remember a phrase that dad told me in the lacrosse. "Your a good player. And good players never quit and keep shooting...no matter how many times you miss, your bound to get one eventually". I thought about that a lot this week and it hit me so hard...I love this gospel and know it wasn't easy for any missionary especially Christ. He was the perfect teacher and they even rejected him. So all we can do is control what we can control. Well that's my words of wisdom for the week. I love you guys and you already know I'm happier than I could ever be. I know without a shadow of a doubt that I'm where I should be, doing what I should be doing right now in my life. My testimony grows stronger every week as well as my love for other people...even when they are crazy and not nice...but I want to treat people as I want to be treated. I don't know why but that's been on my mind all week and I wanted to share it.
 
I love you so much!
Elder Gee
Celebrating J.'s birthday!!


No comments:

Post a Comment