Monday, January 11, 2016

Jan 11th - PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS!

What the heck is up?  I just want to let all y'all know that the work couldn't be better...the weather couldn't be hotter...and the women here flock to me and Elder M. like the beautiful sound of Capistrano!  Like I'm not kidding, the other day one investigadore who is a daughter of one member (she's like 34 and has two kids) tried to kiss me.  I almost freaked out and Elder M. couldn't stop laughing.  I told him we are only returning if we have absolutely have to...he just laughed and said, okay man!!

This week was actually super hard because after M. was baptized we didn't have any more progressing investigadores...so basically it was me and my companion all week trying to find someone....ANYONE who was even slightly interested in our message. It was super hard.  Elder M. said, "If they are not progressing then why are we even here?"  I'm like,  "Dude, relax they don't have to accept it...they have agency!"   But I can understand  his frustrations because really this week was so slow. but its all good....IT MAKES YOU A MAN!! I told him, That's why you can't argue with anything. Like President Hintze says...don't try and understand everything, Elder Gee, just ENJOY IT. I told my companion not everyone is gonna listen and yeah at times they will look at us like we are the dumbest people ever...but ya know what boiyo....Christ was the perfect teacher and they killed him! So that's my non stress quote for all ya...its all good and I love him more then ever now.

I have a scripture from my personal study...its in Alma 13:28-29:


But that ye would humble yourselves before the Lord and call on his
holy name, and watch and pray continually that ye may not be tempted
above that which ye can bear and thus be led by the Holy spirit.
becoming humble, meek, submissive, patient, full of love and all long suffering.

Having faith on the lord having a hope and ye shall recieve eternal
life, having the love of god always in you hearts that ye may be
lifted up at the last day and enter into his rest.


I love that...and it has really changed my life. It makes me think realistically what my life would be without my mission.  Would I love my family as much as I do now, if I had never left...NO!  Would I ever read the scriptures and love this crazy country and people without my mission....I don't think so.  That's why I love what I'm doing so much...and I don't want to leave...because I've found my PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS!  But for real,  I'm not gonna spend too much time with my testimony.
 
You guys already know that I love you so much.

un santo es un pecador que sigue inteniendo
les amo
verderdera felicidad
Elder Gee
 
I burned a tie when I hit my 6 month mark!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment