Monday, April 25, 2016

April 25th - EVANGELIO

YO!!  What up yáll!! jajaja no for real this week was super cool!! A couple of pretty scary things happened to the zone this week!! One hermana in our zone fell in the baptism font because she was trying to drain it after her baptism...she broke her back and her disc is misplaced and she needs surgery today, so keep her in your prayers.

Also, one elder in my district might have to go home because his foot has a serious virus and its painful!!  So he might have to go home to get that fixed...he came to me crying with tears saying, "Elder Gee, I don't want to go home.  I feel like I've failed my family if I do.  I hugged him and told him as long as we are obedient and do all we can do, the Lord will bless us!!  I told him I promise all we be good and he cried even more!  It was pretty hard not to cry with him.  He's a really good missionary that works so hard...and a way good person!! 

But other than that me and Elder C. have seen a lot of miracles!!  We are gonna have a baptism this Sunday!  Hermano E., he's so cool!! He's one of my favorite investigadores ever!!  So we are super excited to see what happens this week.  Me and my comp are working as hard as ever. We have a lot of progressing people with dates and I think will have 2 more on the 7th of May which is super cool!  We have a lot of fun teaching and hanging out by the beach...ITS THE BEST!!  The mission just keeps getting better and better, filled with awesome people who are changing my life for the better!!

Well I have this quote from president Hintze i liked it a lot!! 

Nephi "Nefi" is not a former NFL quarterback, NBA all-star, or Major League Baseball player.  He never broke a record on the playing field or scored a game winning goal or touch down.  However, he suffered afflictions and taunts from his older brothers for being obedient to Heavenly Father, his parents and always trying to do what was right.  He was never named the Most Valuable Player or elected to a Hall of Fame. But in his life time he successfully helped his family cross a wilderness, persuaded a righteous family to leave their home and travel with them, negotiate the trade of a cultures history on brass plates, build a ship, travel to a promised land, and lead his descendants to a righteous life.

I really like this quote by Nephi. “I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.” (1 Nephi 3:7)

This message is to help you know that you have to work hard each day and try to improve to be ready for any opportunity on your mission!  The Lord does not expect much, he expects everything! The Lord is always your companion along with your assigned companion.  Have no fear and run towards your investigators to share the gospel!

“And I was led by the Spirit, not knowing beforehand the things which I should do.”(1 Nephi 4:6) 

Focus on today and don´t worry about yesterday or last week!  Focus on developing your goals for this week and in your prayers by following the influence of the spirit and you will receive specific blessings!


PS: we went bowling last p-day here are the pics for that!  Also, me and my zone leader Elder D. tied at 95...I was pissed!! jajaja

Elder Davis, Me and Elder Eggers

Elder Davis, Sweat, Eggers and I
Eggers and Gee

No comments:

Post a Comment